Tabs {Pages}

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sometimes and Always: Berry Edition

We made this deliciousness on Sunday!

I am linking up with Megan on this warm day for her series of Sometimes and Always.  We got a heat wave here last weekend and so we went on our annual berry picking adventure.  The place where we go {It’s tradition} is south and near to coast so it was cooler than being at home!
  
Sometimes: I think I’ll just eat one more
Always: yeah right…what was I thinking?
Sometimes:  I make myself pick only the blackest of blackest berries
Always:  That takes too long and I end up with a few red ones
Sometimes: I dream of what I’ll make and other times I decide to figure it out later
Always: I know there is deliciousness coming soon
Sometimes: I think ‘we’ll go home right away and make jam!’
Always:  It is way too hot.  We’ll make jam…soon
Sometimes: I talk with friends or my momma as we pick berries
Always: It is way more fun to listen to other people.  They say the funniest things {out of context of course}
Sometimes: I think that berry picking is easy and not dangerous
Always:  I come home with some scraps; those bushes have some sharp thorns!
This is one of my favorite summer traditions and it helps that it tastes yummy too!  I used to come home covered in berry juice, but I’ve tamed my ways and look more presentable afterwards these days!
Hope you are enjoying summer!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I always try the "this is the last one" or the "no more" thing hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to pick berries every summer while camping haha and I everytime I would swear up and down that I was not gonna come back with cuts and scrapes from the bushes! I never won that battle though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing with eating just one more.. I think it was passed down to me from my mom! =) I am your newest follower. Check out my post if you get a chance. Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!!! I went blueberry picking for the first time not too long ago and it was amazing!! Definitely a great experience.

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comment!