Tabs {Pages}

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Speaking Italian

Looking out my bedroom balcony, those are some of the clothes lines blending in.
I had Italian for 3 hours straight and I thank God that he allowed me to struggle through Spanish for 3 years. He knew that I would take Italian and need any knowledge that I had to feel comfortable. I feel so intimidated by speaking to shop keepers in Italian. I don’t expect them to speak English, but man do I feel on the spot! I have to go to the phone store and the tobacco store today. And no, the tobacco store sells bus tickets and passes, permit of stay stamps and regular stamps. Most of them also have the post box right there as well. Italians know how to sort their mail! There is a slot for all mail staying in the city and a slot for all mail “going out.” They aren’t so great at delivering mail but, hopefully it will get here still!



I used the washer for the first time. Itsy, bitsy. It took a little longer than I’m used to, but that’s not a problem. After hanging them out on the line off our balcony (getting used to dangling clothes over the side of a building) they were ready to put away less than 2 hours later. Who said dryers were better? ;) It should also tell you how hot it has been.



We finally met our landlord which then led to us knowing everything we could ever know about our apartment. His English is not excellent but it is so much better than my Italian! Yay for cooking pasta in the apartment for the first time! Ahh for making the bread a little too crispy. I need to come up with a better use for stale bread…

1 comment:

  1. Here's what we did for breakfast this morning that would make perfect use for your stale bread: put stale bread, brushed with olive oil, in a small oven proof dish. Spoon a little marinara sauce on top of the bread (not too much, soggy is ick!). Add a basil leaf or two and some crumbled up bacon (or not, depends on what you have handy). Crack an egg on top of the whole deal and season with pepper. Bake in a 400 oven for 15 minutes or so, until the egg looks set. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comment!