Tabs {Pages}

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bellisimo!

Oh my, wondrous food! This week in cuisine class was better than last week for me. So good!
*This is your warning; do not read if you are hungry! And there is going to be major picture overload so you can get a full experience…
Here’s what we made:
Aperitivos
Piedmontese Fondue which was delicious! It has fontina cheese and egg yolks, milk and pepper in it. We served in little flaky pastry bowls. We all smiled when our teacher called this dish nutritious. I can pretend it’s really good for me, it has calcium right?



Carne all’Albese is raw meat (beef or veal) with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and flakes of parmesan. We also used truffle oil which added a very different flavor. It’s a thing to do here to have raw meat. I don’t know if I’m a fan, but this appetizer was really good.


Can you guess what this is?

Oh yes…Pesto! It was delicious, simple, and easy.



We also made a sauce called Spaghetti all’Amatriciana. I really like this simple sauce and it’s filling because it has meat in it. Italian’s don’t do meat sauces like Americans. This one comes close though. I also learned about different types of pasta while this cooked. Did you know… that before World War II spaghetti was eaten with your hands and was primarily for lunch, not dinner?




For our secondo, or meat and vegetable course we made Saltimbocca alla Romana. Translated this means to jump in your mouth created in Rome. That’s right they are so good that they jump in your mouth. It is meat with bacon, sage and if you choose a carrot slice rolled up and cooked in butter, oil and Marsala wine. The flavor was the best part! This was served with greens to add a lighter aspect.



Dolce was nothing other than Tiramasu. Which means “pick me up” because of the rum, coffee and chocolate all wrapped into a dessert.
Happy face! Full tummy!
Ok now that we are all hungry I have to let you in on the fact that we have to wait for 2 weeks before another class full of recipes. I know it’s disappointing, but I will have lots of recipes when I come back from Italy!


Side note: I have changed the comment’s section so that anyone can leave a comment (: Please, if you decide to be “anonymous” either sign your name or leave me an email telling me who you are. I love to know “you” are reading.
Please pray that I don’t get sicker. I’m trying to knock this cold out of my system, but there’s a little something going around here.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Looks like a bunch of happy chefs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comment!