Tabs {Pages}

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cute as a Button

Last week was stress week, this week is overwhelmed week.  Or at least that’s how I feel.  But I’m not going to let that get to me.  Unfortunately the blog is suffering for it.  School comes first…
Yesterday was beautiful May day.  It always sneaks up on me, so I end up celebrating with pretty flowers all month instead of just the first day.  Are you familiar with May day?  I’ve always wanted to create a tradition for that day…but like I said it always sneaks up on me!
Last week I had  to design and give a training session for my training and development class.  My partner {who also happens to be my roommate} and I did a training on sewing a button.  As a snack I made some easy sugar cookies and creatively tried to figure out how to make them look like buttons.  For some reason one of my roommates thought that we were going to sew the cookies to the fabric.  That would have been interesting!
In the process...here they come
Sugar cookies are so easy and these ones are no chill.  Bonus!  I end up eating way too much dough during the process so by the time I get to the actual baked cookies I don’t really want one.  Does that ever happen to you?  And I usually burn or overcook the first batch when I make sugar cookies.  I broke that streak this time!
So here are the yummy cuties right out of the oven:


Anyone interested in a recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!