Tabs {Pages}

Monday, May 7, 2012

Getting Creative


I like to think I’m creative and looking back on this weekend there was some creative moments.  But I feel like they weren’t my creative moments.  The ‘creative juices’ as we call them, they just weren’t flowing.  I’m not really sure why.  But I’m ready for them to be back.  I’m ready to enjoy them and smile and laugh over them.  I’m ready for a little more time to get my stuff in order and remember which part of the state the stamp pad and sketchbook are in!
So for those little moments:
Saturday was making pancakes for my roommate and me and adding some extras in.  We used a trick I learned from a friend of slicing up a banana and then drizzling honey over it.  You let it soak while you cook the pancakes and it makes a great syrup topping.
Then it was making cookies with my friend and neighbor.  She wanted to make Chai Peanut Butter Cookies.  Can you say amazing!?! {Recipe coming this week.}  My roommate said they tasted like Christmas {I agree}.  I am so making them again…
There was an impromptu beach bbq with some of the roomies, a cousin, and friends.  We tried to play a game and it was a bit of a failure.  Games are supposed to make you laugh right!?
Sunday I spent a lot of time in the kitchen and it was wonderful.  I got to mull over the Sunday morning message and wash a lot of dishes.  It was all worth the picnic in the end.  I guess you could even say that I got a little creative trying to fit everything in the picnic basket!
Being the bad blogger that I am, I don’t have pictures for you.  Not a one.  Visit back this week for the cookie recipe, you are going to want to make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!