Tabs {Pages}

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Time Out

It’s been a week. It’s been a wonderful and yet hectic week. There were times that I didn’t know how things were going to get done. And other times where I was just amazed by the things happening around me. There were some tears this week, but also lots of giggles and laughter. I live in a house full of girls, so the giggling should not be surprising.
This weekend I had the pleasure to go on a retreat with a bunch of college students. We talked about what it means to be childlike in our faith. Have you ever thought much about that? I hadn’t either. It was the first retreat in about 5 years where it didn’t rain. I was excited. And I met some great people.
This weekend I decided to actually make and show relationships as a priority in my life instead of just talking about it. It was neat to be able to create relationships through games and experiences. We played “Do you love your neighbor?” but we changed the rules so that you had to say something that was true about yourself. You learned who had things in common with you and those that you had more differences with. We broke a chair in the process, so that was a fun too…
The 2nd day we played kickball on the field. Guess how we chose our teams? By whether the person was wearing jeans or a different fabric for pants…we get creative.
After that we talked about going on a hike but we didn’t know if the trails had been cleared of poison oak. So instead we all piled in the back of a truck {with the shell on} and rode to the trail head for waterfalls. There are huge ditches for the 3 miles it takes to get back there. And they are filled with water. It was so fun! We all woke up the next day feeling a little achy. But we also made it to the waterfall.
That was just Friday through Sunday…and the rest of Sunday and Monday coming soon.
I hope you had a wonderful Presidents’ Day weekend! What did you do to ‘celebrate’?


I havent been a good picture taker...with my camera. Working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!