Tabs {Pages}

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Beautiful End...to a weekend

The end to this weekend was precious to me. My family came down for the Monday that we had off in honor of President’s day. We spent Sunday night with my SLO “family.” Every Sunday I go to dinner with a family here in town and so the whole family joined this time.
My sister spent the night at my house with lots of other girls. But lots of girls in the house, that is pretty standard these days.
The next morning the family came over and we went on a quick grocery run {yes, my parents took me food shopping!} and then made lunch before heading for a walk. We wanted to go for a hike, but we went on a trail that was not a hike. It was still very enjoyable. It was a beautiful day and we walked along the bluff.
After that we went on my campus and met up with some of my brother’s friends who are freshmen this year. I am so excited; my brother is going to be at Cal Poly with me next year!
We picked up my cousin from campus {college is a family affair…if you haven’t noticed} and headed to one of the favorite spots in town. As a tradition we at Firestone grill before they headed out of town. It was so fun to see them and was a much needed break for me.
It was so nice that even though I didn’t get any work done, even though I knew that this week was going to be a little rougher because of it, even though all I wanted to do was to get lost in the hugs and love {which I did for while}, I had complete peace. It was going to be ok. My perspective was on the here and now and not the what ifs or what could be. It was truly a delightful feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!