Tabs {Pages}

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Isolated {the film}

On Wednesday I went on a mini road trip down to Santa Barbara.  We {brother, cousin, roommate, and friend} zipped down, did dinner and a movie, hit up an after party and then zipped back.  My cousin Geoff is a movie producer and we went to the Santa Barbara International Film Festival to see his film, Isolated.  This film is one that he’s been working on for about 5 years.  It was so exciting to be able to watch the finished product and know how hard he had worked on it.
 
The premise of the movie is a surf documentary, but the pro surfers end up discovering that they have been placed in a position to share the story and voice of a people.  How thankful I am that we have the freedom of speech in the United States.  I am not going to debate or argue with someone who questions what having the freedom of speech entails.  I will say that I am incredible blessed to not live in fear of what I might say my put me to death.  It’s a hard thing to think about.
I don’t know what the next avenue for this film is, but if you get the chance I would highly recommend it.  Check out the website for more information about the film and to learn more about giving a voice to the people of West Papua. Please consider “taking action” and becoming an Ambassador for Peace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!