Tabs {Pages}

Friday, September 7, 2012

My Other Name

Olive is my other name.
 
{Part of my inspiration}


 The name that I named myself this Labor Day weekend.  It’s hard to get accustomed to a new name.  It’s almost a new identity.  It’s odd to think that I am the same person...with a different name. I have very few nicknames.  Some that Ii shy away from...or more like run from. Some that I allow, only because I know the intentions behind them.  And some that I adore.  My sweet friend calls me belle. And I adore it. Or Haleigh belle. Or Haleigh girl {yes, where this web address originates}.
 
This was different. Sometimes these fake names stick. You have to choose carefully. Sometimes they are just for a season...a few short days.
I think besides naming myself {odd concept}, the worst part was responding.
 
"Olive, olive, olive!" shouts the little girl. Oh, that's me...brain, respond. That's me; I have to say something back!



 
Source: o-logy.com via Haleigh on Pinterest
 
{I just love her!}
 
But now that I am no longer at camp and with children who only know me as Olive my name hasn't kicked back in. I don't know what to do.
Hi, I'm...oh, that's right. I'm Haleigh.
I got introduced to someone as Haleigh and it almost sounded foreign. Why is that?
It reminds me that I have many names. And some of those names are my identity. They are the ones that count. That matter.
Someday it would be wonderful to be called Olive again, but for now I am so happy about my name.
 
Hi, my name is Haleigh and my identity is not in that name. I am a child of God, saved by the grace of Christ, and the daughter of a king. It is so nice to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!