Tabs {Pages}

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Glory Revealed

I am a future thinker.  I like to know what’s going to happen next.  I like to be prepared.  I like to consult directions when I need help.  I don’t like doing things first.
I am also a woman, which is like code word for worry.  Yep, worrier right here.  I’m working on being better about not being a so worried.  Life will go on; at least that’s what I tell myself.  And while I believe that to be true I don’t always live it.
When you put those two things together you get worrier of the future.  A friend and I were talking about the future today and our worries and fears of what it might hold.  I was telling her how I’m done being ‘bad’, doing things wrong, and generally messing up.  I’m done not loving people well.  It breaks my heart.  And yet I am being refined.  With every ill timed comment, with every mistake, with every hurt I cause; I am being refined and changed.
I was so encouraged when a few hours later I read this verse:
Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later.” Romans 8.18
I don’t have to be so future thinking, because I know what is coming.  Glory will be revealed.  I don’t have to worry, because now is not the end.  Glory will be revealed.  But not now.  Later.  In time, glory will be revealed.  And what a sweet promise that is to hold close.
‘In the end it will all be ok, if it’s not ok, then it’s not the end.’ Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!