Tabs {Pages}

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Break {1}

It is Christmas break.  I have expectations for this break and what I want to happen.  Every break I come up with this list of projects or of things I want to do.  I want to share what I am doing with my break and I am hoping that this will be a good outlet. 
Here is what has happened so far, because we have to start documenting somewhere.
 
When I got home from school on Saturday I walked into a decorated house and a lit tree.   The house smells so beautiful.  Back during thanksgiving weekend my family went to go get a Christmas tree.  We have a tradition to go up the mountain and saw down our tree.
 
Saturday night I went to a dinner in celebration of Christmas.  It was in a nearby town at an Italian restaurant.  I tried things I had never had and some I had never thought of.  Did you know that there is such a thing as eating marrow?  Yes I tried it and it was good.  I also had boeuf bourguignon {which is French} and exactly how I hoped it would taste.  The company was the best part.  I finally got to meet some people I’ve been hearing about for months.  I also got to say a few phrases in Italian and watch an older man light up with surprise and delight.  I think I need to start practicing my Italian again...
On Sunday night our church hosted the annual Christmas open house complete with a hayride around the neighborhood.  I grew up in the suburbs and it is quite comical to see people’s faces when Clydesdale horses go clomping past their houses with a wagon of singing carolers . 
Monday I had the pleasure of helping {ok I stood and watched} my mom and a friend sell lunch to middle schoolers.  I was also present to consult on the baking of peanut butter m&m bar cookies.  And then me and a rather adorable 4 year old spent part of the afternoon playing tag and laughing on the front lawn.  I forget how much energy a 4 year old can have.  We don’t have many 4 year olds around my house at school!
So though there are things that haven’t been done that should have been done already, there is still more time.  I am so excited to enjoy it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!