Tabs {Pages}

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Punching Fear in the Face

Those chessy inspirational sayings, I find them annoying. 
I mean look at one. 
The first time it might be awesome and pleasing to the eye. 
The second time it’s cute, a good reminder. 
The third time its lame. 
And well after that I think I get more out of them because it’s so annoying. 
 
dance in the rain!  don't wait for the perfect moment, make the moment perfect.  life lessons and quotes.  advice.  wisdom.
 
But today I appreciate them.  Most of them are true my station in life today, yesterday, and the day before that. 
And here is why…
Opportunities, the ones I’ve been waiting for, praying for, hoping would become. 
They became.  All at once.
The other day, amidst the decisions, I almost took one by saying “I am so fearful of the unknowns of that particular one.  I want to take it, just to punch fear in the face.”  But I’m really glad that I didn’t, you know punch fear in the face, because I think fear can punch back pretty hard.  And let’s be honest, I don’t have a very good right hook.
My graduation cap said Adventure is out there.  And I believe that adventure is out there, because it’s in making the moments, monumental.  It’s in making the insignificant, important.  It’s not in making everything a big deal, but in realizing that certain things are of great importance.  Experiences shape.
I need to be reminded that life is an adventure, and I should live it as a great one.  And I need to be reminded that fears should not confine my thinking, but rather expand it.  When I am fearful, it is often because I created the boundaries and dictated the rules.  In an adventure, there are no rules. 
Rather than punching fear, I want to be freed of its companionship.  Fear does not belong as a part of my adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!