Tabs {Pages}

Monday, March 11, 2013

Quiche: Everything but the Kitchen Sink version


Friday night I came home from being out of town for the previous 24 hours.  It was a stressful day and I had been meaning to make quiche all week.  I forgot to buy a crust at the store {cause that’s what happens these days, store bought crust}.  So it was leftovers and quiche combined.
 

If you are like me and forgot to buy or are too lazy to make a crust make a simple cracker crust.  I used Ritz crackers because, well I was too lazy to make a flour crust.  Mix the smashed cracker crumbs with melted butter (3-4 tablespoons) and pat into a pie crust.  Bake for 10 minutes at 250 to set.
Chop up whatever veggies you have and sound like they would be good together.  I had roasted brussel sprouts earlier in the week and so that went in with the red bell pepper and zucchini.  I suggest adding some protein, we added sausage that actually had spinach, cheese, and garlic inside.  Fill your crust with the veggies and meat and top with shredded cheese.  I used cheddar and parmesan because that is what I had on hand, but my favorite is swiss.  Mix 3 eggs with ¼ cup milk and few dashes of pepper.  If you don’t have garlic in with a veggie I suggest adding some to the egg mix.  Pour over the top and bake for 25-35 minutes at 375 or until cheese is slightly browned.
Enjoy!
 
I also figured that since I just talked about coming to the table this was a perfect opportunity to show you what's been on my table lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!