Tabs {Pages}

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Giving Thanks


Do you remember last year’s thanksgiving adventures?  If you want to refresh your memory go here .  I’m overdoing it a bit this year with four thanksgiving meals.  Yes, four, but I figure I have a lot to be thankful for. 
I have been slowly reading through One Thousand Gifts.  It talks about what we have to be thankful for!  There are statistics that say if you are able to read this blog post than you have internet which puts you in the top percents of the world.  And there are statistics that say if you had clean water to drink today {which is more important than the internet} then you are in the top percentage of the world.  And those are silly things that we do without thinking.  Think of all the things that we don’t offer thanks for.  What are the simple things that you are grateful for?  I am thankful that I got to spend my thanksgiving in Italy learning and growing with other students.  I am thankful that I was able to fly on a plane and visit Spain.  I am thankful that none of those things were difficult for me to do {even though it was difficult for me to pack apparently!}
I am even thankful for an awful meal last year, because it means that I appreciate this year{‘s} so much more.
{Last year we had dry turkey and gravy, garlic with mashed potatoes, canned creamed corn, overly sweet stuffing, coleslaw, and no pumpkin for dessert}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!