Tabs {Pages}

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Spice it up: Chai Peanut Butter Cookies

Remember how I told you I made these cookies?  And then I told you that I would post the recipe.  Well here it is.  It’s one of those make it smell right before you put them in the oven kind of recipes.  I guess what I’m saying is have fun with the recipe and change it if you like!
 1 cup butter softened
1 cup peanut butter {your choice on chuncky or smooth}
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup Chai Latte powdered mix {I used 2 Keurig packets but they get expensive!)
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, chai, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. {I leave out the salt because I use salted butter.}  Stir into batter.  Roll into ½-1 inch balls and roll in white sugar.  Put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. {They will expand so leave a little space!}  Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.  Enjoy!

I think that they are more flavorful after they cool.  I also like to make them small to go with tea or coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comment!